Place Category: Creative Communities
- Conveniently located 3 hours from downtown Vancouver, 1.5 hours from Kelowna and 45 mins from Kamloops, Merritt is an arts and culture hub for the surrounding region. Nestled in the Nicola Valley, Merritt is host to an active arts community of both locals and visitors. Merritt proudly features a variety of local art studios, downtown murals and music during all seasons.
If visiting art galleries is an interest, Merritt has a variety of exhibit galleries and an annual community wide Art Walk event. Music festivals such as Rockin’ River and Bass Coast help bring in the hottest musical performers and creative artists to the Nicola Valley.
We encourage you to tag #ExploreMerritt during your next visit and let us know your favorite art exhibit!
Explore Merritt by visiting:
- Visitors Information at the Baillie House
- Merritt Walk of Stars
- Canadian Country Music Hall of Fame
- Beautiful Artworks by Michelle Loughery
- Nicola Valley Arts Council
- Brambles Bakery Café
- VIEW the New Art and Culture Video at https://youtu.be/tNbq314SOfI