Place Category: Tours & Road Trips
- Farm, Tasting & other Tours & Top Attractions
There are so many amazing things about Vernon that it’s hard to pick a Top 10 list. Below are the top 10 attractions that we think you’ll enjoy.
Plus you can select amazing arts & cultural destinations on this link https://www.tourismvernon.com/en/see-and-do/Arts-Culture-and-Heritage.aspx
- Davison Orchards and Country Village is the place to go for farm food and family fun in the warmer months. Check out the fresh baked goods, antique tractors, kids play area, and the Johnny Popper train tour.
- Okanagan Spirits and Craft Distillery has a beautiful tasting room complete with traditional copper stills. Come taste the art of craft distilling. Stay for a drink in their lounge.
- Planet Bee Honey Farm and Meadery is open year round. Learn, tour, taste and shop to your heart’s content.
- Historic O’Keefe Ranch is a link to our past. Cowboy dinner shows, trail rides, a corn maze, pony rides, blacksmith classes, ghost tours, and there’s even a dog park.
- Kalamalka Lake is beautiful every day of the year. In summer it’s great for swimming and water sports, in spring and fall enjoy canoeing, cycling, fishing, hiking, horseback riding, and in the winter strap on your snowshoes and hit the trails.
- Okanagan Science Centre is great for days when you want something indoors that’s fun and educational. You can learn more on their upcoming events and programs pages.Get hands on and meet the critters or take a spin on the Gyro chair. Come for stories about the night sky at our Planetarium Show.
- Allan Brooks Nature Centre brings nature-based activities to life in the Okanagan. Go inside and see how you measure up to the wingspan of an eagle and other birds! It’s the best places to learn about the wildlife in our area.
- Silver Star Provincial Park is picturesque in every season and is great for downhill and cross-country mountain bike riders – great hiking too! SilverStar Mountain Resort and Sovereign Lake Nordic Centre are right next to the park for winter recreation fun!
- Vernon Heritage Mural Tour gives you a sense of history and days gone by. Take a guided tour or walk at your own pace.
- Splashdown Vernon Family Waterpark is a great place to cool down during our hot summers. They have slides, tubes, a hot tub, private cabanas, a picnic area and a concession stand.
Like we said, it’s hard to pick just 10, so we’ve added #11 which is a warm weather hike up at SilverStar Mountain Resort. Their doppelmayr gondola can whisk you, your family, friends, and pets up to the top of the mountain. Once their you’ll be treated to some amazing views of the valley and the village below. Take a leisurely hike down the mountain (or up) and enjoy the plant life, including berries, along the way.