Opening Reception at Read more [...]
Event Category: Exhibitions
Join Diana at Gallery 204 on Tuesday mornings throughout the summer to enjoy, explore, and capture the beauty of flowers through art.
Learn how to paint flowers using the “alla prima” method – an Italian expression meaning “at first attempt.” This method offers a direct approach to painting the ever-changing nature of flowers, whereby the artist aims to complete a painting in one session.
This workshop will provide information and helpful tips on:
– How to design your composition
– How to observe structural rhythms of flowers
– Color mixing and organizing your palette
– Paint handing and brushwork
– Measuring techniques
– How to deal with the ever-changing nature of your subject matter
Examples of notable flower paintings throughout history will also be shown and discussed.
Structure: Single-day registration
Level: Beginner / Intermediate
No previous painting knowledge is necessary
Maximum number of Students: 14