Established in 1971, Read more [...]
Celebrate the cultural heritage and desert landscapes of the Osoyoos Indian Band.
This unique and contemporary experience offers on-site cultural programs and interactive displays, such as an aboriginal village set in natural desert surroundings. Guided or self-guided tours wind through 50 acres of sage grasslands and ponderosa pine forests.
Discover the fascinating stories of Canada’s only desert and share in the rich living culture of the Okanagan people. 2016 tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence recipient.
Nine things to see and do at the Nk’Mip Desert Cultural Centre:
- Explore indoor and outdoor cultural and nature exhibits
- Discover the desert ecology and wildlife in “Critter Corner” and “Living Land” displays
- Hear the legends of Sen’klip (Coyote) in two multi-sensory theatres
- Meet our interpreters giving daily trail walks and programs.
- Take a peek inside a traditional pit house and sweat lodge
- See eye-to-eye with a Western Rattlesnake a Great Basin Desert Snake
- Bring your camera to photograph the desert landscapes and sculptures by Smoker Marchand found throughout the 50 acre site
- Shop for unique aboriginal crafts, jewelry and gift ware in ‘Coyote’s Gifts”
- Experience the beauty of our sage and antelope-brush desert environment