August 23rd | 8:00 PM Read more [...]
Event Category: BC’s Best Festivals & Events
oin us this August for the 8th annual Artists for Conservation Festival presented by RE/MAX – a multi-day art and environmental education event, featuring AFC’s annual show – the world’s top conservation-themed art exhibit and artist expo, benefiting wildlife. Meet leading artists from 16 countries, buy art, enjoy live music, art demos, birds of prey, films, presentations, music and cultural performances.
This year’s festival is being held in partnership with the 27th International Ornithological Congress – the world’s most important bird studies event held every 4 years since 1884 – and the inaugural Vancouver International Bird Festival, including a Nature and Bird Expo.
The AFC Festival will run from August 22 – August 25th, 2018 at the Vancouver Convention Centre, with various preview activities leading up to the event. Meet over 50 leading exhibiting artists to join us from around the globe, including Canada, USA, China, India, Africa.
Main Festival Venue:
- Aug 22-25 | Festival Open to Public | Vancouver Convention Centre | Day passes to go on sale soon.
Preview Events (Free Admission)
- Aug 11 (11am-4pm) | Corrigan Nature House, North Vancouver
- Aug 12 (11am-3pm) | Grouse Mountain
- Aug 18 (2pm-5pm) | Vancouver Public Library featuring the unveiling of AFC’s STUDENT Mural
- August 20 (3pm-6pm) | Birds-on-Parade & Congress/Festival Opening Ceremonies | Jack Poole Plaza (Vancouver Convention Centre)
- Aug 22 (6-9pm) | AFC Exhibit Opening & Reception feat. Silent Skies Mural Unveiling | Vancouver Convention Centre (West Exhibition Hall)
Buy Tickets ($75pp early bird), $110 after Aug 5.